Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cyber threat
Cybersecurity is among the federal government's top priorities…and with good reason. The cyber threat is complex and evolving rapidly. According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the number of cyber incidents reported by federal agencies increased by 400% over a four year period. Also, cyber threats come from multiple sources (e.g., terrorists, criminal organizations, hackers, disgruntled insiders, rogue nations, etc.) with a host of motivations for, and resources to, attack.
To beat the cyber threat, federal Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) must assess risk, develop cybersecurity policies, and build the operational infrastructure to execute an agency cybersecurity program. They also need experienced cybersecurity professionals - that's where we come in… A dedicated cybersecurity firm - and the market leader in providing risk management, governance, operations, and compliance services to the federal government - our team takes pride in being the government's trusted advisor for cybersecurity.
In this space, we will share our insights on the news, challenges, and policies that drive decision-making and problem solving around cybersecurity in the federal government. By discussing key cybersecurity topics in this blog, and highlighting those of other federal community thought leaders in our companion "Trusted Advisor Series" on WTOP radio, we hope to add value to this critical dialogue. We look forward to sharing this online experience with you. - KCG's Trusted Advisor