Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cyber Command
Maj. Gen. Vautrinot of the Cyber Command says top officials on down understand why cybersecurity is important. She says holding officials accountable is one of the best ways DoD has made the shift happen.
The General receives his fourth star in addition to the new command. He says the goal of the Cyber Command is to defend DoD networks.
Sen. Feinstein calls for an international treaty on cyberspace to create mutual assurances of protection. Experts say the difficulty is determining the threshold of what constitutes an attack worthy of war. Delayed DoD cyber command would play key role in coming up with strategy for offensive and defensive cyber actions.
Tags: technology , Dennis Blair , Dianne Feinstein , Keith Alexander , ODNI , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DoD , White House , DoJ , Jim Lewis , Greg Nojeim , CSIS , CDT , cybersecurity ,
The outgoing chief of staff for U.S. Cyber Command said recently the military's professional cyber corps has strong, diverse capabilities.
Rear Adm. Sean Filipowski will take over from Rear Adm. Jan Tighe as the deputy director of operations at Cyber Command.
The Government Accountability Office says the Defense Department needs to step up its cybersecurity training.
In a column for Federal News Radio, Ft. Meade Commander Col. Dan Thomas says, "By this fall, the official worker population of Fort Meade will have grown to more than 48,000. This is 13,000 more personnel than we had three years ago - you do the math: if BRAC growth is 5,400, who are all these other people?"
The Deputy commander of Navy Fleet cyber command Rear Admiral Bill Leigher explains the significance of this realignment.
The head of U.S. Cyber Command says cloud computing is part of his plan for staying ahead of the cyber threats that face the Defense Department. “A year from now we should be well on our way to having a hardened architecture proven and in place, which provides a new level of cybersecurity,” said General [...]