Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cristina Chaplain
If you ask the Defense Department, its acquisition process for missile defense is a glass half full. The Government Accountability Office says that might be an overly optimistic way of looking at it. Cristina Chaplain, director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at the Government Accountability Office, talks to In Depth with Francis Rose about a new GAO report.
A group of Democrats and Republicans, called the No Labels Caucus, plans to introduce nine bills this week focused on government effectiveness and efficiency. The strategic sourcing legislation would require agencies to save at least $10 billion a year. Senators say agencies need the right incentives to buy smarter.
Tags: acquisition , industry , OFPP , Joe Jordan , GAO , Dan Tangherlini , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee , Ron Johnson , Claire McCaskill , strategic sourcing , Jason Miller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources
Cristina Chaplain, director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the Government Accountability Office and follows the Defense Missile Agency, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin with more on what this move means.
Congressional watchdog has some suggestions for how NASA can deal with historic changes.
As terminations become more likely due to tightening budgets, GAO said NASA needs to develop more guidance for its acquisition professionals. Cristina Chaplain, director of acquisitions and sourcing management at GAO, spoke with Federal News Radio about the recommendations.