Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Courtney Thompson
Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins said the agency has not created an IT management and oversight plan. Without a comprehensive model on IT, the agency cannot fix the way it responds to disasters.
Tags: FEMA , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , DHS , information technology , Janet Napolitano , IT oversight , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs
Sue Leibert is with NASA's Johnson Space Center, where she heads up the Space Shuttle Transition Liaison Office. She explains how the agency is handling the workforce reduction accompanying the end of the shuttle program.
Attorney Melissa Brand, of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recommended tips on how agencies can settle their discrimination claims at the "pre-complaint" phase.
The Department of Homeland Security wants states to describe how they are complying with the 2005 law.
Cass Sunstein, administrator at the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, outlines details of an Executive Order for independent regulatory agencies' compliance.
Eric Patterson, director of the Federal Protective Service, said at a recent hearing that reworking the agency's current reform programs will help to improve past issues of training, communication and security.
Tags: security , hiring , DHS , FPS , SECURE Facilities Act , ramp , House Homeland Security Committee , facility security , federal buildings , Eric Patterson , Mark Goldstein , training , management ,
nCircle, a security and compliance auditing provider, conducted a survey that yielded an increase in the number of agencies considering switching to cloud security, but found that cost may override other security concerns.
Senators Tom Carper and Rob Portman requested information from agencies on the number of excess and underutilized properties they currently own. The senators expect a progress report by July 25.
National Security Archive survey reveals agencies are not reporting accurate information about 10-year backlog to the Justice Department. NSA found agencies are falling well short of the Obama administration's mandate to improve Freedom of Information Act requests.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is accepting nominations to their nine advisory boards.