Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Counter terrorism
Intelligence sharing is not the problem for the US government when it comes TO counter terrorism failures. A former Senior intelligence official said the problem is data integration. The official said the bits and pieces of information on Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who tried to blow up a Northwest Airlines flight on Christmas Day existed, but the system to connect the dots at the speed of light when triggered by any one piece of information is not in place. It's exists the official said, because Google does it everyday, but it's a comparable system is not being used by the US government.
The Office of the Inspector General released the 2010 list of the top ten management and performance challenges facing the Department of Justice, with counter terrorism as the top challenge.
Faced with stark losses among its foot-soldiers, al-Qaida is being presented with a sobering proposition - maybe it's time to give up.
Tags: Osama bin Laden , Ayman al Zawahiri , Al Qaida , Noman Benotman , terrorism , Afghanistan , national security , Juan Zarate , terror attacks , Terror threats , September 11 , J.J. Green , counterterrorism , National Counterterrorism Center , Mike Leiter , al-Qaida , al-Qaeda
While authorities say there is no intelligence to suggest an attack in D.C. is imminent, the Federal Protective Service conducted its "Operation Shield" drill on May 11 to keep its skills sharp and potential terrorists guessing.
Tags: Department of Homeland Security , Federal Protective Service , Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Cen , Mark Cranfill , Mike Keegan , Operation Shield , terrorism , terrorist attack , Times Square , J.J. Green