Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cool Jobs in Government
In this installment of our Cool Jobs in Government series, we learn about an entire group of people who work on predicting weather in space.
Some call it the Ft. Knox for stamps. The Stamp Fulfillment Center is located in a cave in Missouri and houses millions of dollars in stamps. Manager Khalid Hussain explains why he thinks he's got one pretty cool federal job in this installment of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
When you think of fine arts and the federal government, you probably think of the National Gallery, not the General Services Administration.
As Animal Keeper for Great Cats and Bears at the National Zoo, Kristen Clark has some 'wild' days. But she says caring for the animals takes a combination of scientific inquiry and respect. She also reveals that her lion pride might see some new members come this fall.
Field technology officers must fix hardware and software no matter the hazard, even if it's hundreds of feet up on a tower or on a snow covered mountain top. Employees need to be physically fit and technically skilled to perform the duties. CBP counts on these employees to keep the systems working to monitor and protect the borders.