Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cool Jobs in Government
In this installment of our Cool Jobs in Government series, we learn about an entire group of people who work on predicting weather in space.
Some call it the Ft. Knox for stamps. The Stamp Fulfillment Center is located in a cave in Missouri and houses millions of dollars in stamps. Manager Khalid Hussain explains why he thinks he's got one pretty cool federal job in this installment of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
When you think of fine arts and the federal government, you probably think of the National Gallery, not the General Services Administration.
As Animal Keeper for Great Cats and Bears at the National Zoo, Kristen Clark has some 'wild' days. But she says caring for the animals takes a combination of scientific inquiry and respect. She also reveals that her lion pride might see some new members come this fall.
Field technology officers must fix hardware and software no matter the hazard, even if it's hundreds of feet up on a tower or on a snow covered mountain top. Employees need to be physically fit and technically skilled to perform the duties. CBP counts on these employees to keep the systems working to monitor and protect the borders.