Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Contracting
Jeff Koses, senior procurement executive for the General Services Administration, will discuss his acquisition priorities for the agency.
July 22, 2014
The fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 is in full swing. Last year's fourth quarter saw federal agencies hand out $125 billion in new contract obligations, according to Guy Timberlake. He's chief visionary and chief executive officer of the American Small Business Coalition. On In Depth with Francis Rose, he said federal contractors can find plenty of ways to take advantage of the fiscal year-end spending spree -- as long as they take a simple approach.
The Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council would require all contractors at the prime and sub levels to report counterfeit or suspected counterfeit parts to the government.
Congress has put the onus on federal contractors to make sure they are not including counterfeit or obsolete parts in equipment they sell to the government. The law was passed in 2012. Only now has the Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council come out with a proposed rule. It requires contractors to report counterfeits, suspected counterfeits, and anything they suspect of being non conforming. The proposed rule covers primes, sub contractors, and subs to subs, all down the line. Alan Chvotkin, executive vice president and counsel to the Professional Services Council, joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss what contractors think of the new rule.
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners and Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government will discuss the end of fiscal year 2014 spending and what's ahead in 2015.
July 21, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , FY 2014 budget , FY 2015 budget , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Cameron Leuthy , Bloomberg Government , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , continuing resolution , Small business contracting
Evan Lesser, founder and director for ClearanceJobs.com, will discuss the state of hiring in the clear community.
July 18, 2014
Lawmakers and small business contractors are wondering why the Small Business Administration has not implemented the procurement reforms that President Obama signed into law 18 months ago.
Tags: SBA , industry , contracting , set aside contracts , House Small Business Subcommittee on Contracting a , small business , Richard Hanna , NDAA , Charlotte Baker , John Shoraka , Michael OConnell
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates, Inc., will give us an update on the procurement issues being discussed on Capitol Hill.
July 15, 2014
Anne Altman, general manager of Federal Government for IBM, will discuss a wide range of contracting topics with host Mark Amtower.
July 14, 2014
Talent acquisition manager Mike Bruni will discuss how to get a job in what is a competitive and challenging federal market.
July 11, 2014