Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Contracting
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: DoD drills down on service contracting; a controversial decision on contractor pay
"Inside the DoD's Reporter's Notebook" is a bi-weekly feature focused on news about the Defense Department and defense community as gathered by Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu. Submit your ideas, suggestions and news tips to Jared via email.
Former contract employee was charged with allegedly defrauding the United States in connection with a contract to provide reconstruction-related services in Afghanistan.
The Justice Department alleges CA has violated since 2002 terms of its GSA schedules contract and over-charged the government for IT hardware and software.
Tags: contracting , industry , Justice Department , GSA , CA Technologies , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , False Claims Act , oversight , Jason Miller
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group and chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement discusses innovation, contract duplication, and other issues with host Roger Waldron.
May 27, 2014
Author John Jantsch will talk about his new book: "Duct Tape Selling: Think Like a Marketer-Sell Like a Superstar".
May 26, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , marketing , federal market , Duct Tape Marketing , John Jantsch , Duct Tape Selling: Think Like a Marketer - Sell Like a Superstar , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Talent acquisition manager Mike Bruni will discuss how to get a job in what is a competitive and challenging federal market.
May 23, 2014
Alan Lindenmoyer, program manager in NASA's Commercial Crew and Cargo Program at the Johnson Space Center, spearheaded the effort to use private industry to provide the space agency's orbital transportation services.
The General Services Administration received responses Thursday from vendors on how to shape the first major acquisition under the Network Services 2020 program. Officials say they are heeding the mistakes and missteps of the Networx contract. GSA expects to issue a RFP in November and make the first awards in May 2015.
Former General Services Administration Inspector General Brian Miller, will discuss MAS audits, the mandatory disclosure rule and the role the IG plays within GSA.
May 20, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Multiple award schedule contracting , mandatory disclosure rule , contract compliance , GSA IG audits , GSA , Works Progress Administration , Department of Justice , healthcare fraud , Brian Miller , Navigant , Off the Shelf , Roger Waldron
Anne Altman, general manager of Federal Government for IBM, will discuss a wide range of contracting topics with host Mark Amtower.
May 19, 2014