Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Continuous monitoring
Chris LaPoint, vice president of Product Management for SolarWinds will discuss how his company can help your agency manage its information technology system.
August 26, 2014
Tags: technology , Chris LaPoint , SolarWinds , network management , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , compliance , data center consolidation , cloud computing , Thwack , data analytics , Software Defined Networking , self service automation , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Todd Weller of Hexis Cyber discusses the types of security threats federal agencies are facing on this week's Federal Tech Talk radio show.
Despite steps forward, agencies fell short of their 2014 targets for cybersecurity. The Obama administration is pushing chief information officers to focus on priorities of continuous monitoring, phishing and malware, and authorization processes for 2015, according to the newly released cross-agency priority goals on Performance.gov.
Listen Tuesday June 10th @ 12pm
The National Institute of Standards and Technology gives agencies guidance for continuing the transition to a real-time, dynamic cybersecurity.
The comply-to-connect initiative is about removing much of the people challenges by automating the software patching and updating the cyber processes in real time.
GSA awarded a $47.3 million contract to Metrica Team Venture to provide software and services under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation program. DHS expects the dashboard to offer a more insightful view of the cyber health of agency networks starting this fall.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , DHS , GSA , Jeff Eisensmith , Energy Department , Bob Brese , Jim Piche , continuous monitoring , Metrica Team Venture , industry , contracting , FedInsider , ImmixGroup , Jason Miller
The Education Department's new security operations center reached initial operations capability in 2013 featuring six tools to improve the protection of its network and data. Steve Grewal, Education's chief information security officer, said a move to cloud and mobile computing requires the agency to have more visibility and accountability into how vendors protect its network.
March 6, 2014
A new white paper from SafeGov recommended ways for agencies to move to an integrated cloud and cyber approach and away from one that is fragmented and ad hoc in many respects. Karen Evans, a co-author of the report and a former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT, said agencies need a clearer picture of how this integration could happen.
Federal employees are eligible for a free one-day training session in early November on implementing continuous monitoring. The goal is to help agencies make good use of the continuous diagnostics and monitoring contract DHS awarded in August.