Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congressional Spotlight
Personnel costs take up a larger share of Customs and Border Protection's budget than ever before. More than 70 percent of the agency's Fiscal 2015 budget request will go to compensation. Some members of Congress are worried those rising costs will crowd out CBP's ability to deliver high-priority IT projects and fulfill its mission. In our Congressional Spotlight, Rep. David Price (D-N.C.), ranking member of the House Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee, tells In Depth with Francis Rose the problem CBP has is two-fold.
Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina is among a handful of Republicans speaking out against the violence.
Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio explains his stance.
Rep. Frank Wolf calls for the creation of a "Team B" made up of experts who could provide the president with fresh perspectives on dealing with the intelligence system.
$300 million has been set aside for BRAC-related transportation mitigation efforts. Will that be enough?
The GAO reports DHS has not effectively managed key aspects of SBInet testing.
Daily new, attractive and useful applications are added to wireless services, and data rates continue to increase as consumers require faster access to mobile applications. Additional spectrum for commercial wireless services will be needed and it will be needed soon.
DoD, State and USAID have a new understanding about how to use the Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT) as their system for tracking required information
Changes are in the works for visa security passenger pre-screening efforts in the wake of Flight 253.
Rep. Gerry Connolly wants OPM to increase the number of teleworkers and find out how many agencies keep them on the job during office closures, which could be keeping the numbers down. Connolly is also asking Metro officials how they can avoid snow shutdowns for above-ground metro and bus service used by 40% of federal commuters.