Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congressional Budget Office
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
Tags: Technology , Digital Government Strategy , Gwynne Kostin , GSA , web analytics , USDA , Amanda Nguyen , HealthCare.gov , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Karen Evans , Todd Park , Steven VanRoekel , CMS , OMB , Trey Gowdy , Frank Baitman , Henry Chao , cybersecurity , DATA Act , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , DHS , contracting , Mary Davie , Anne Rung , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
The Congressional Budget Office looked at the Defense Department's plans for the next five years. It said they would cost DoD $123 billion, or 5 percent more than the department thinks.
Niall Brennan, director for Policy and the Data Analytics Group at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will talk about how to process large volumes of data.
April 17, 2012
Tags: Technology , data management , big data , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , Datapalooza , transparency , Brookings Institute , data navigator , HiMSS , John Gilroy , Niall Brennan , Federal Tech Talk
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the top GOP budget writer, borrowed the idea of insurance exchanges, a big pooled marketplace, from the health care law enacted in Massachusetts when GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney was governor. Ryan wants to set one up for Medicare.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs for Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey.
February 1, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Tom Trabucco , TSP , Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , pay debate , pay freeze , federal salaries , 401(k) , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey