Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
Dogs that worked in Iraq and helped at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, receive first-ever American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards.
Top Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee are pressing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to spell out the "devastating effects" to the military if a special bipartisan panel fails to produce a deficit-cutting plan and nearly $1 trillion in defense cuts kick in.
ouse Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith issued a subpoena Friday to force the Department of Homeland Security to turn over records about illegal immigrants identified but not detained or removed by federal authorities
IRS will offer buyouts to employees who do not deal directly with taxpayer services. It's possible that a second round of buyouts will be offered to a wider range of employees.
Janet Kopenhaver is the Washington representative of Federally Employed Women.
Office of Management and Budget Director Jack Lew said he's optimistic Congress will keep the government running when the CR runs out later this month. But he said the administration is undecided about whether to extend the federal pay freeze. Lew said budget cuts are an opportunity for all agencies to get better.
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved H.R. 3029, which would cut the workforce by 10 percent by September 2014.
The conference committee is the first step in reconciling the House version of the appropriations bill with the Senate's.
Jessica Brady is a staff writer for Roll Call.