Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
President Obama said he would veto any efforts to undermine the automatic spending cuts that will go into effect because the debt reduction supercommittee failed to come up with a deal today.
CQ Roll Call reporter Meredith Shiner has an update on the supercommittee talks on its deadline day.
President Barack Obama will sign into law Monday legislation giving tax breaks to companies that hire unemployed veterans.
Dr. Winslow Sargeant will be the new chief counsel for advocacy of the Small Business Administration.
An amendment to the 2012 Defense Authorization Bill would cap taxpayer-funded contractor compensation at $400,000. Under current executive compensation limits set in 1998, contractors can charge up to $693,951 for the salaries of their top five executives.
The Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act of 2011 was the logical next step after the repeal of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, which banned gays from openly serving in the military, said committee chairman and bill co-sponsor Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) in a statement.
A government shutdown was averted Thursday when Congress approved a compromise spending bill. The bill funds the departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Transportation, HUD, Justice, and some smaller agencies through the end of the fiscal year. The rest of the government will operate on another short-term continuing resolution, which will expire Dec. 16.
The House and the Senate voted to approve appropriations bills for Agriculture; Commmerce, Justice and Science agencies; and the Departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development. Taken together this is the "minibus."
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says the issue will come up during the first work period of the new year.
Mike McCord, principal deputy undersecretary and comptroller for DoD, says that Defense is focusing on making mandated cuts while waiting for Congress to pass 2012 appropriations bill.