Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
Reps. John Carney (D-Del.) and Peter Roskam (R-Ill.) introduced a bill today that aims to fight waste and fraud in Medicare and Medicaid payments.
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who is also a medical doctor, said electronic health records could be a powerful magnet for cyber criminals, NextGov reports.
The Senate Thursday approved a resolution marking the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Federal Executive Boards. The resolution, which was sponsored by Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii), commemorates the anniversary and notes the work played by the national communication network of the federal government.
A new bill, introduced by Rep. Susan Davis (D-Calif.) would ban smoking in and near all federal buildings, closing a loophole that exempted many federal buildings from a 2008 directive banning smoking. Previous anti-smoking directives applied only to buildings under GSA's custody.
The White House said Wednesday it was reversing its decision to approve an industry-sponsored Christmas tree promotion program after conservatives accused the Agriculture Department of spoiling Christmas with a new tree tax.
Alexander Bolton of The Hill discusses the status of potential cuts to federal spending that supercommitte is considering.
Retired Maj. Gen. Gus Hargett, the former adjutant general for the Tennessee National Guard, who now serves as the president of the National Guard Association of the United States joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss why the National Guard should be included in the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Senate is set to take up the issue this week.
Attorney General Eric Holder on Tuesday acknowledged serious mistakes in an arms-trafficking probe that allowed AK-47s and other weapons to leak into the black market, but he insisted the Justice Department was taking steps to ensure that never happens again.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: supercommittee , management , budget , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , deficit , Jolie Lee , Jack Moore