Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
A breakdown of the number of employees to be furloughed at each agency in case of a partial government shutdown.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DOT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011
The Office of Management and Budget detailed what agencies should do over the next four days to prepare for and in the event of a government shutdown.
President Obama will veto a House bill that would make appropriations for the Defense Department for the remaining six months in this budget year.
From around the Twittersphere, what are people saying about a possible government shutdown?
Federal News Radio is closely following the prospect of a federal shutdown and how it would affect federal workers.
The Homeland Security Department's chief management officer said Tuesday that the lack of a departmentwide financial management system is a huge deficiency. Fixing that, he said, is among the department's primary management priorities.
Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union talks about government shutdowns, and what happens if the federal government closes its doors.
April 6, 2011
A possible government shutdown could affect around 800,000 federal employees, a senior Obama administration official said today.