Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
As part of the Defense Authorization bill, lawmakers approve the FAI Improvement Act. The provision reaffirms the organization's role to oversee and train the civilian acquisition workforce. It also gives OFPP more oversight over the funding and development of procurement education.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Dan Gordon , Susan Collins , Gerry Connolly , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , training , 2012 Defense Authorization bill , Jason Miller
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis discusses congressional gridlock over the budget and the payroll tax cut extension, and the potential fallout that federal employees may face.
Erik Wasson is a staff writer with The Hill.
Congress is telling the Defense Department to take a new look at the way it makes decisions about buying big business systems. DoD's deputy chief management officer will take the lead in this effort.
Tags: DoD , management , Elizabeth McGrath , Business process reengineering , investment review boards , DoD strategic management plan , DIMHRS , DoD budget , Jared Serbu , AFCEA , Defense Authorization Bill , oversight
Congress is putting the spy world on a diet by trimming back planned growth in staff and high-tech surveillance programs.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss new ways federal pay and benefits could be on the chopping block.
The House has blocked the Senate's version of a two-month payroll tax cut extension.
President Barack Obama signed a bill Tuesday authorizing federal agencies to present an American flag to the families of federal employees killed in the line of duty.
Julie Tagen, legislative director for the National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, told Federal News Radio that certain provisions in the bill would affect federal employees.