Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Congress
Between ongoing 2012 budget negotiations and the automatic cuts triggered by the supercommittee, Steve Bell, senior director of the Bipartisan Policy Center's Economic Policy Project, says this is as good as it's going to get for federal employees for the foreseeable future.
None of the legislation moving through Congress would provide the Postal Service the speed and flexibility it needs to cut annual costs by $20 billion, Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said Monday. He said they would give USPS "a couple of years of profitability and at least many decades of steep losses." He argued for quicker resolution to the agency's cash crisis.
Despite the successful passage last week of a small group of annual spending bills covering several federal agencies' 2012 budgets, Congress will likely fold the remaining bills into a single omnibus.
President Obama signs bipartisan bill that will help The President says it will help about 850,000 veterans who are currently unemployed and tens of thousands who are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan in the coming months.
Admit it, have you been losing sleep over the activities of the congressional supercommittee? If not, you may be on the right track, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
President Obama said he would veto any efforts to undermine the automatic spending cuts that will go into effect because the debt reduction supercommittee failed to come up with a deal today.
CQ Roll Call reporter Meredith Shiner has an update on the supercommittee talks on its deadline day.
President Barack Obama will sign into law Monday legislation giving tax breaks to companies that hire unemployed veterans.
Dr. Winslow Sargeant will be the new chief counsel for advocacy of the Small Business Administration.