Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Comptroller General
Fixing the fiscal future
"We have a dysfunctional democracy, and we need to do something about it," says the former Comptroller General of the United States.
Congress returns to work this week after the two-week Easter/Passover break. and one member of the House will be watching to see if he will be making a career move in the year to come. Rep. Todd Platts (R.-Pa.) is on a list of four names submitted by Congressional leaders to President Obama for the post of Comptroller General, a job which also includes running the Government Accountability Office. Recently, Federal News Radio spoke exclusively to Platts about his qualifications and expectations for the job.
A 30-year veteran of the Government Accountability Office was formally sworn-in Thursday as U.S. Comptroller General.
Comeback America Initiative's David Walker discusses the proposals by the president's deficit reduction commission.