Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Commerce
Remember the idea of a stipend to help pay for the technology you REALLY want?
Federal News Radio looks at how rapid advances in mobile devices and applications are redefining what it means to be a federal manager on the go, with panelists Simon Szykman at Commerce and the FAA's Robert Corcoran.
Sen. Richard Burr (R.-N.C.) introduced legislation forming the Commerce and Workforce Department using recommendations of GAO and the deficit commission. Thirty-five offices would be consolidated into 12 and funding of seven programs or initiatives would be reduced or eliminated.
Commerce CIO Simon Szykman explains how the role of the bureau CIO is different from a department CIO.
A new Commerce Department website aims to give schools, libraries and job training centers the tools to help teach computer and Internet skills to Americans who are new to the Net.
Your agency is consolidating data centers, but you might run into a few problems along the way. The Commerce Department has closed six. Simon Szykman, CIO for Commerce, explains how to make this consolidation process as smooth as possible.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski could replace Gary Locke as Secretary of Commerce, sources tell The Hill.
Federal News Radio surveyed 10 agencies to find out how they are preparing for a shutdown, and how operating under a continuing resolution is affecting their operations.
With shutdown threats coming and going and coming again, morale is down across the federal landscape. If a shutdown were to happen, furloughed feds couldn't even hide themselves in their work! We get details from Patent & Trademark's CFO, Tony Scardino.