Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Combined Federal Campaign
The 2014 Combined Federal Campaign is taking a page from the ALS Foundation's ice bucket challenge. This comes after what might be called an off year for the federal charitable campaign in 2013. The CFC formally kicked off yesterday with plans to use social media to reach a new generation of donors. Vincent Micone is the chairman of the CFC for the national capital region. He tells Executive Editor Jason Miller how the CFC plans to rebound from a tough 2013. Read Jason's related article.
Vincent Micone, the chairman of the Combined Federal Campaign for the national capital region, said the goal for 2014 is $52 million. He said to achieve that target, the CFC will be more aggressive in using social media to attract a new generation of donors.
Federal Managers Association President Pat Neihaus, and Andy Medici and Nicole Blake Johnson from the Federal Times will give us an update on a number of different pay issues affecting feds.
April 16, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay debate , federal salaries , GS-15 , Pat Niehaus , Federal Managers Association , Andy Medici , Nicole Blake Johnson , Federal Times , Heartbleed , cybersecurity , Mike Causey , Your Turn
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School and chairman of the Chesapeake Bay Area CFC, talks about how the 2013 campaign is progressing.
Tina Cheatham, the CFC manager at the Department of Health and Human Services, updates Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on her agency's Combined Federal Campaign efforts.
Jenny Mattingly, hosts a rountable discussion of the government shutdown and its impact on feds.
October 18, 2013
Reopening the government isn't going to be just like flipping on a switch. he repercussions of the shutdown will be felt for a long time to come.
Mike Spinella, the CFC coordinator at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, fills in Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about what his agency is doing for the 2013 fundraising campaign.
Federal employees can start donating to the more than 4,000 charities under the Combined Federal Campaign. One of the goals of the CFC is to increase the number of people giving to charities, not just reaching a dollar threshold.
Janet Kopenhaver from Federally Employed Woman and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly, join host Mike Causey to talk about what would happen if the federal government were to shut down.
January 16, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , government shutdown , fiscal cliff , sequestration , Janet Kopenhaver , Federally Employed Women , Federal Times , Sean Reilly , furloughs , hiring freeze , USPS , National Association of Letter Carriers , Mike Causey , Your Turn