Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Colleen Kelley
Agency says burrowing is not a huge problem. But OPM director Berry sets new rules that take effect Jan. 1 to expand oversight and review of these proposed hires.
Omnibus spending bill includes 1-1/2% pay raise plus 1/2% locality increase. Labor-Management Forums will bring labor to the table at agencies. NTEU President Colleen Kelly likes both developments.
Administration officials still claim some success
Amid the controversy over an apparent attempted bombing of a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas Day, one Senator's efforts to block the nomination of the official responsible for the Transportation Security Administration is also getting headlines. Sen. Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) wants a floor debate and roll call vote on the nomination of Erroll Southers to run the TSA. Federal worker labor unions charge that his political tactics are also meant to thwart President Obama's intention to allow TSA airport screeners to select unions and have collective bargaining rights
The union that represents IRS workers is ramping up a public campaign in hopes of convincing voters that the loss of 4,000 tax collectors and agents would be bad for government services that they depend on. Congressional appropriators have proposed cutting the division's budget by $450 million-to-$600 million.
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.
Do you think that special hiring and intern programs are unfair to the majority of federal workers? If so, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you are not alone.
But lawmakers also increase DoD pay raise to 3.4 percent. Employee unions say they will push for pay parity.