Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cogan Schneier
The Defense Department, General Services Administration and NASA issued a final rule today amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation. FAR must now include performance rating categories and different factors for past performance evaluations.
Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) is sponsoring a bill that would impact the federal workforce as well as a bill to restrict the growth of federal real estate. Barletta is the chairman of the Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management Subcommittee on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Tags: Lou Barletta , In Depth with Francis Rose , GSA , Government Employee Accountability Act , Public Buildings Savings and Reform Act , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , real property , Freeze the Footprint , management , Senior Executive Service ,
The Department of the Navy will begin to virtualize its services and hopes to achieve total server virtualization by 2017, in an effort to cut costs. The service has been active in cutting IT costs in the wake of Defense budget cuts.
A new GAO report is recommending OMB be more specific in its guidance on grant management. The report said 5,100 employees are significantly involved in managing grants.
Senate committee members introduced the Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act of 2013 to address the management of federal real property. The government is the largest owner of property in the country, owning more than 1 million properties.
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund is receiving more requests for loans than ever before as weekly furloughs hit the Defense Department. Director Steve Bauer said the non-profit organization is doing everything it can to keep up.
July 24 & 30, 2013
The Office of Management and Budget issued a memo Friday telling agencies consider fewer ideas in their submissions for the SAVE awards program.
The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board is responsible for investigating the balance between counterterrorism security and Americans' privacy. The board is working toward a report on the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
Scholars at American University are suggesting that one way to relieve sequester stress and increase productivity is to create stronger work relationships. Robert Tobias and Patrick Malone at AU's Department of Public Administration and Policy suggest taking time out to talk about employees' feelings.
A recent IG report said the State Department's Bureau of Information Resource Management's Office of Information Assurance lacks organization and lags in performance. The report made 32 recommendations for the office.