Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Coast Guard
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) brought forth a new plan, the Maritime Operations Coordination (MOC), that will improve cross-coordination efforts between the Coast Guard (USCG), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
The Coast Guard says a James River boater who had a suspicious device chained to his body has been towed to shore.
A day after the Department of Homeland Security cancelled its $450 million contract to modernize and unify its backoffice IT systems, the department's acting CFO told Congress DHS will focus first on modernizing the infrastructure of the department's components that are severely out of date. A new strategy for an integrated, departmentwide system has yet to be determined, she said.
A sailboat carrying 10 people affiliated with NASA's Langley Research Center capsized during a late night cruise on the James River in Virginia, leaving one man dead and another missing while the other eight survived after clinging for hours to floating debris in frigid waters.
The Homeland Security Department's chief management officer said Tuesday that the lack of a departmentwide financial management system is a huge deficiency. Fixing that, he said, is among the department's primary management priorities.
The Coast Guard's Capt. Dan Taylor and Christopher Lagan explain how social media is changing the way the Coast Guard is handling its IT acquisition strategy.
The Gulf Coast oil spill is prompting many agencies to take a second -- and often a third -- look at how they handle communications in a crisis.
The service has reached an important first milestone in its effort to achieve a key energy conservation goal with last week's test of the first experimental ship to operate using algae-based bio-diesel fuel.
The DorobekINSIDER moderates AFFIRM meeting on Gulf Coast spill response.