Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Coast Guard
The Military Health System has launched a new Health.mil website that provides a single point of entry to military health news, information and resources.
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.
The Homeland Security Department remains committed to consolidating its headquarters on the campus of a former mental hospital in Washington despite receiving less construction money than anticipated. Officials from DHS, the Coast Guard and the General Services Administration reaffirmed their plans to a House subcommittee. The Coast Guard plans to move first, in 2013.
Tags: house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , DHS , GSA , budget , don bathurst , frank lobiondo , Robert Peck , john currier , Emily Kopp , house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , St. Elizabeth , House Subcommittee on the Coast Guard and Maritime
Working with government agencies means working in a political environment. The response, former Coast Guard Admiral and Commandant Thad Allen said, was "as much as a political event as an operational event."
Captain James Cash of the Coast Guard spoke at the AFFIRM panel about the lesson learned from the Gulf Coast oil spill. The panel was moderated by Chris Dorobek.
Adm. Thad Allen headed the national response to the Gulf Coast spill. He shared with the DorobekINSIDER the successes and challenges to facing the disaster.
Adm. Thad Allen is one of the most widely praised feds for his work during the Gulf Oil Spill. Recently retired, he joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the Coast Guard response to the spill and his time in office.