Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Coast Guard
Big changes in the Coast Guard's acquisition shop are making life easier for their logistics team. The Guard's Jeff Orner and Mike Tangora explain.
Plans for the new headquarters building for the U.S. Coast Guard at the DHS headquarters campus in Southeast DC gets their first official endorsement from the Federal government's top planning agency in the region.
The Homeland Security's U.S. Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology Program still is developing recommendations and options for Secretary Janet Napolitano for how to implement the land exit portion of the entry-exit system.
GSA will host an industry day in Washington Oct. 26 for all vendors. Coast Guard's new building is underway.
The Military Health System has launched a new Health.mil website that provides a single point of entry to military health news, information and resources.
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.
The Homeland Security Department remains committed to consolidating its headquarters on the campus of a former mental hospital in Washington despite receiving less construction money than anticipated. Officials from DHS, the Coast Guard and the General Services Administration reaffirmed their plans to a House subcommittee. The Coast Guard plans to move first, in 2013.
Tags: house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , DHS , GSA , budget , don bathurst , frank lobiondo , Robert Peck , john currier , Emily Kopp , house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , St. Elizabeth , House Subcommittee on the Coast Guard and Maritime