Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Coalition for Government Procurement
The Coalition for Government Procurement has called on senior administration leaders to take more action to combat increasing contract duplication, largely from the spread of multiple-award contracts (MACs). Member companies say they are seeing more duplicated contracts and that has added to their costs, according to a CGP survey.
Tom Sisti, director and legislative counsel for SAP, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about a wide range of acquisition issues.
November 20, 2012
Former Virginia Congressman and current Deloitte Federal Government Affairs Director Tom Davis talks about this year's presidential election results.
November 13, 2012
Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini shifted responsibility for the troubled System for Award Management to the CIO's office and the Federal Acquisition Service and out of the Office of Governmentwide Policy. GSA is reconsidering all of its options, including possibly recompeting the contract for SAM. OASIS, Networks 2020 and changes to the schedules program also are making progress.
Bill Gormley, chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss ways to save money and improve efficiences when it comes to procurement.
September 25, 2012(Encore presentation October 16, 2012)
GSA's System for Award Management is finding its footing after a rough start. OFPP Administrator Joe Jordan said he's watching the systems' progress carefully.
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president and general counsel for the Coalition for Government Procurement, will talk about the multiple award schedule program.
September 11, 2012(Encore presentation October 30, 2012)
The service is taking a four-pronged approach to improve its procurement process and find savings. A review board looks at all acquisitions to make sure its strategy and contract formation are beneficial. Other agencies, like NASA and DHS, are consolidating more contracts into larger buys.
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president and general counsel for the Coaltiion for Government Procurement, talks about what's ahead for the GSA Multiple Award Schedules Program.
July 3, 2012
Host Roger Waldron talks about the upcoming fall elections with former Virginia congressman, and Deloitte Federal Government Affairs Director Tom Davis.
June 19, 2012