Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cloud computing
Chris LaPoint, vice president of Product Management for SolarWinds will discuss how his company can help your agency manage its information technology system.
August 26, 2014
Tags: technology , Chris LaPoint , SolarWinds , network management , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , compliance , data center consolidation , cloud computing , Thwack , data analytics , Software Defined Networking , self service automation , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Defense Information Systems Agency, which serves as the broker between Defense Department components and commercial providers of cloud computing services, says the certification standards it set for commercial providers may be too arduous for vendors. DoD also launched five pilots to test the use of commercial cloud providers and is reassessing how it develops cloud requirements.
Terry Halvorsen, DoD's acting chief information officer, is planning to change the way the military uses and manages its network. The Joint Information Environment is driving many of the modernization efforts across DoD.
Bajinder Paul, the Federal Trade Commission CIO, said a new modernization roadmap will bring operational capabilities to employees, aggregate policies and major acquisition initiatives across the agency and, most importantly, create a path for innovation.
Chris Carlson, CEO of Retriever Consulting, discusses the benefits of a new aspect of virtualization called containers.
July 15, 2014
Anne Altman, general manager of Federal Government for IBM, will discuss a wide range of contracting topics with host Mark Amtower.
July 14, 2014
Susie Adams, the chief technology officer for Microsoft Federal, joins host John Gilroy to discuss some new offerings from Microsoft and what they mean for federal IT professionals.
July 8, 2014
Tags: technology , cloud computing , Microsoft , Microsoft Federal , Susie Adams , Windows Azure Government Cloud , Azure Machine Learning , hadoop , Nokia , Sata Nadella , MongoDB , open source , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Jill Singer, partner at Deep Water Point and former CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office, sits down with Women of Washington radio show hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm, for a discussion about cloud computing and insider threats.
Tags: Jill Singer , Deep Water Point , NRO , Intelligence community , cloud computing , insider threats , mentoring , STEM , workforce , management , CIO , Gigi Schumm , Aileen Black , Women of Washington
Scott Gaydos, chief technologist, Federal Healthcare, U.S. Public Sector, HP Enterprise Services, discusses how his company can help your agency with its cloud initiatives.
June 24, 2014
Tags: technology , cloud computing , Hewlett-Packard , Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services , Scott Gaydos , data management , Meg Whittman , infrastructure as a service , platform-as-a-service , software-as-a-service , FedRAMP , FISMA , HIPAA , cloud management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
As government agencies migrate to cloud computing and other new technologies, the information technology workforce requirements are changing.