Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Clinger-Cohen Act
Two key contributors to the 1996 Clinger-Cohen Act say there is nothing wrong with the current IT management laws. Agencies and Congress just need to improve how they implement and enforce the IT management directives set out by the law. The Senate is expected to pass the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act next week.
The CIO Council updated the Clinger-Cohen Act core competencies and learning objectives.
During the last Defense drawdown, Congress and the White House pushed the Pentagon to make smarter buying decisions in the hopes that it would save a lot of money. The idea was to have the military buy many products the same way businesses do. A decade and a half later, DoD now spends tens of billions of dollars a year under the commercialized models Congress set up. In a two-part, exclusive report, Federal News Radio examines the debate underway over how well it has worked out.
Tags: commercial products , Bill Clinton , Al Gore , Reinventing Government , commercial of a type , Shay Assad , William Clinger , Federal Acquisition Streamling Act , Susan Lawrence , Army , Network Integration Evaluation , Navy , CANES , Coast Guard , John Korn , DoD , Aquisitions , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Defense Service Board , William Perry , Dennis Moran , Harris Corp. , Jared Serbu , Nett Warrior
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Valerie Melvin is the director of information management and human capital issues at GAO.
A new report highlights fewer CIOs are reporting to their agency's secretary today than in 2004. More of these senior technology managers wear more than one-hat and are responsible for many areas outside the 13 the statute originally called for.
Paul Brubaker is a former fed and currently with Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group North American Public Sector Practice. He explains why he thinks the past 10 years were full of 'missed opportunities'.
CTO, Office of Integrated Technology Services
General Services Administration
October 27th, 2009
Tags: tech , contracting , GSA , Larry Hale , database management , enterprise content , Enterprise Resource Planning , geospatial information systems , information assurance , network management , office automation
Former "e-gov Czar" Mark Forman joins host Mark Amtower on today's program.
September 26, 2011