Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Clifton Elementary School
The Supreme Court of Virginia has upheld the decision by the Fairfax County School Board to close Clifton Elementary School.
The Fairfax County school system went on trial Wednesday after being accused of violating the state's open meetings law and the public's right to know.
It was slated to close but has now been placed on a list of historic sites. Will that make any difference for Clifton Elementary School?
A lawsuit has been dropped challenging how the Fairfax County Public School Board conducted a meeting about a school closure, but continued attention to the issue could change the way the county government operates.
Tags: fairfax county ,
The economic recession is not bad news for everyone, as a local school district seeks to take advantage of lowered construction prices for tens of millions in new developments.
Now that a Fairfax County judge has ruled the Fairfax County school board decision to close Clifton Elementary School is not "arbitrary and capricious," the future of the school could be decided by Virginia's highest court.
Parents say the Fairfax County School Board exceeded its authority and violated Virginia law when it decided to shut down Clifton Elementary.
Clifton residents say they are devastated by the decision.