Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Clifton Elementary School
The Supreme Court of Virginia has upheld the decision by the Fairfax County School Board to close Clifton Elementary School.
The Fairfax County school system went on trial Wednesday after being accused of violating the state's open meetings law and the public's right to know.
It was slated to close but has now been placed on a list of historic sites. Will that make any difference for Clifton Elementary School?
A lawsuit has been dropped challenging how the Fairfax County Public School Board conducted a meeting about a school closure, but continued attention to the issue could change the way the county government operates.
Tags: fairfax county ,
The economic recession is not bad news for everyone, as a local school district seeks to take advantage of lowered construction prices for tens of millions in new developments.
Now that a Fairfax County judge has ruled the Fairfax County school board decision to close Clifton Elementary School is not "arbitrary and capricious," the future of the school could be decided by Virginia's highest court.
Parents say the Fairfax County School Board exceeded its authority and violated Virginia law when it decided to shut down Clifton Elementary.
Clifton residents say they are devastated by the decision.