Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Christmas Eve
Feds have more than the usual year end issues on their plate at 2012 draws to a close, according to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey. There is the fast-approaching fiscal cliff, the dangers of sequestration, maybe a bonus pre-Christmas holiday and, of course, the end of the world. Check it out, if you dare.
Federal employees got the news they were waiting for today. The White House announced they'll be given the day off on Monday, Dec. 24, giving them a four-day weekend many had been hoping for.
The Thursday morning news seemed too good to be true, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. A major D.C. newspaper was reporting that federal workers would get Monday Dec. 24, the day before Christmas, off. The word spread quickly until people read the fine print. And the name of the president.
Finally, an opinion poll we can believe in: We asked feds if they wanted and thought they deserved to get the day before Christmas as a bonus holiday. No margin of error nonsense here, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. The answer is yes, yes and again, yes.
Time is running out for the president to make a decision on the status of the government on Monday, Dec. 24. Will it be a bonus holiday for feds as it often is, or is this a bad year to make such a call? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's got the track record.
Want to know when Santa is making it to your house? NORAD can help!
Is the half-day Christmas Eve holiday being celebrated in your office or are people saying it could have and should have been a full 8 hours. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you might be surprised at some of the reactions.