Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Chris Romani
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Tags: industry , contracting , Private Side of Sequestration , sequestration , budget , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Mary Beth Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , CenturyLink , Jason Miller
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
Tags: industry , contracting , The Private Side of Sequestration , budget , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , sequestration , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , CenturyLink , Jason Miller
With fewer new federal contracts on the horizon, vendors are trimming staff, changing direction and hedging their bets as sequestration plays out, according to the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey. Contractors are also blaming sequestration for low morale in their offices.
Tags: sequestration , Private Side of Sequestration , Evan Lesser , Stephen Fuller , Ward Carroll , Cameron Leuthy , Bob Lohfeld , Mary Beth Romani , workforce , hiring , furloughs , Budget Control Act , budget , Michael OConnell , management