Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Chief Human Capital Officers Council
The congressional ritual of punting budget work into the next fiscal year has helped agencies prepare their workforces for sequestration. Managers have learned much over the past few years about preparing contingency plans.
The Federal Salary Council will submit to the Federal Pay Agent in the coming weeks a recommendation to increase the number of localities that get special pay rates. OPM also will release the annual report on how much time federal employees spend on union activities during working hours. CHCO Council will also consider certification process for HR employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , OPM , Angela Bailey , John Berry , Federal Salary Council , locality pay , official time survey , Senior Executive Service , HR University , HR certification , Pam Malam , Interior , USAJobs.gov , Presidential Management Fellows Program , Jason Miller
While awaiting the Defense Business Board's final report on the National Security Personnel System, a former top fed in the Office of Personnel Management speaks out on the challenges ahead for President Obama and Defense Secretary Gates as they map out how to implement a better "pay-for-performance" program for the Pentagon. One that will win the support of federal labor unions which vehemently oppose the existing Rumsfeld-era NSPS.