Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CenturyLink
As recently as a decade ago, enterprise services was seen as a way to cut costs and provide more efficient data and telephone services to civilian offices. But now, with the rise of the Pentagon's Joint Information Environment, enterprise services is taking on a new role in providing tactical information advantage to warfighters in the field, and business opportunities to industry capable of providing both the hardware and software to make it happen.
Joining us to talk about it on this edition of "AFCEA Answers" is David DeVries, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Information Enterprise, Department of Defense.
The Court of Federal Claims ruled against CenturyLink in its protest of the Interior's Cloud Foundation contract. This was CenturyLink's third unsuccessful protest of the multiple award contract.
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Tags: industry , contracting , Private Side of Sequestration , sequestration , budget , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Mary Beth Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , Jason Miller
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
Tags: industry , contracting , The Private Side of Sequestration , budget , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , sequestration , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , Jason Miller
The Social Security Administration awarded CenturyLink a follow-on deal under the Networx telecommunications contract.