Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Women of Washington radio show hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm talk to Brenda Sulick, director of the Eleanor's Hope project at the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
For the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services at HHS, payment errors are 50 percent more likely to happen in cases of routine visits. At more than $32 billion, so-called E&M services represent about a third of payments under Medicare Part B. The Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General looked at data from 2010. It found that coding errors and lack of documentation led to $6.7 billion in improper E&M payments. Dwayne Grant, regional inspector general for HHS, discussed how this happened when he joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive.
Some blame procurement for HealthCare.gov's troubles, but the root of the problem with the government's health care website is a matter of pure project management.
David Santana, health insurance specialist for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, answers questions about Medicare.
October 28, 2013
Mary Nicholas and Jim Moyer from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation will discuss how to improve outcomes and reduce costs in healthcare IT.
August 27, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , quality improvement , cloud computing , Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 , Mary Nicholas , Jim Moyer , Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Kerry Weems, the vice president and general manager for Health Solutions for General Dynamics Information Technology will discuss data collection and IT security.
May 28, 2013
Tags: technology , data collection , data consolidation , Kerry Weems , General Dynamics Information Technology , HHS , Physician Quality Reporting System , Medicare , Medicaid , electronic health records , data storage , cloud computing , mobile devices , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
By an overwhelming 91-7 vote, the Senate confirmed Marilyn Tavenner to oversee Medicare, Medicaid, children's health insurance and coverage for the uninsured under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
Jose Domingos and Matthew Hughes from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, join host John Gilroy to talk about how their company is helping federal agencies improve their healthcare services.
May 7, 2013
Tags: Matthew Hughes , accreditation , Accreditation Commission for Health Care , healthcare mandates , fiduciary responsibility , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , Jose Jose Domingos , technology , Healthcare IT , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk ,
David Santana, with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, answers your calls and emails about the Medicare system.
Lola Jordan and Fred Rowell from Companion Data Centers will discuss data center consolidation, cloud computing, social media, and more.
February 12, 2013
Tags: technology , Virtualization , Healthcare IT , data center consolidation , data management , Companion Data Services , Lola Jordan , Fred Rowell , HiMSS , enterprise architecture , software , Gov 2.0 , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy