Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Center for New American Security
Robert Work will return to the Defense Department for a third tour of duty. He was in the Marines for 27 years and served almost four years as undersecretary of the Navy.
A new report, called the Department of Everything, says DoD spending over the next 10 years will total almost $68 billion on non- military goods and services. Some recent examples include a smartphone app to help military members manage their caffeine intake and the sponsorship of a workshop by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency called the 100 Year Starship project, which included a session called, "Did Jesus die for Klingons too?"
Some 250,000 service members leave the military each year and all must attend counseling on finances and other issues whether they served six years or 26 years, whether they saw the battlefield or not.
Brian Burton, a Bacevich Fellow at the Center for a New American Security, explains what State did right and where it could improve its QDDR.
Karen Evans is the Director of the US Cyber Challenge. And the former E-gov administration.
In Depth host Francis Rose gets analysis of the changes from Travis Sharp, research associate at the Center for a New American Security, and Danielle Pletka, vice president on Foreign and Defense Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute.