Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Center for American Progress
Democrats are complaining about President Barack Obama's order to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan and Republicans are unhappy with his promise to withdraw troops in 18 months. Congressional lawmakers are holding two days of high-profile hearings on the war, beginning today.
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli explains how he helped the initiative to cut billions in the U.K. government.
Censeo Consulting Group's Raj Sharma shared the ideas to cut procurement fat from a report in Center for American Progress.
Philip Wolgrin is an immigration policy analyst at The Center for American Progress.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said repeatedly over recent weeks that operating the Defense Department under 2010 funding levels represented a "crisis on my doorstep." Several Defense spending critics said the assessment was overblown.
Past attempts at government reform through evaluation haven't had much success. But with the recent passage of a law that updates GPRA, some experts say this time could be different.
With President Obama recently signing new government reform legislation, lawmakers said accurate data about agencies and their programs will be the key to effective change. Sen. Mark Warner said budget pressures will make improving program performance more pressing than ever before. Warner wants to increase collaboration between long term federal employees and leadership in Congress and the White House.
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli shares the center's new report on how to design successful government programs.
With the military now able to set its own timeline, what can we expect for how long it will take? Dr. Larry Korb, a senior fellow with the Center for American Progress has more analysis.