Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Center for American Progress
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli explains how he helped the initiative to cut billions in the U.K. government.
Censeo Consulting Group's Raj Sharma shared the ideas to cut procurement fat from a report in Center for American Progress.
Philip Wolgrin is an immigration policy analyst at The Center for American Progress.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said repeatedly over recent weeks that operating the Defense Department under 2010 funding levels represented a "crisis on my doorstep." Several Defense spending critics said the assessment was overblown.
Past attempts at government reform through evaluation haven't had much success. But with the recent passage of a law that updates GPRA, some experts say this time could be different.
With President Obama recently signing new government reform legislation, lawmakers said accurate data about agencies and their programs will be the key to effective change. Sen. Mark Warner said budget pressures will make improving program performance more pressing than ever before. Warner wants to increase collaboration between long term federal employees and leadership in Congress and the White House.
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli shares the center's new report on how to design successful government programs.
With the military now able to set its own timeline, what can we expect for how long it will take? Dr. Larry Korb, a senior fellow with the Center for American Progress has more analysis.
Ashton Carter, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, described the future state of military contracting. He said vendors should look at several current examples including the Littoral Combat Ship and the replacement for the Ohio Class Submarine.