Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Center for American Progress
Outgoing federal Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about the new toolkit he's rolling out today at a Center for American Progress event.
Lawrence Korb, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress and former assistant Defense secretary for manpower and logistics, has analysis with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin.
Jonathan Sallet, a partner with the law firm O'Melveny and Myers and the report's co-author, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to discuss what such a department would look like.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
The chief performance officer says contracting, technology and workforce must be fixed for the government to save money and improve services. The administration will receive help to transform agency operations from the Center for American Progress.
With cuts of at least $450 billion in DoD's future, the Pentagon's outgoing deputy secretary says the military will have to do fewer things, and probably with fewer people.
Democrats are complaining about President Barack Obama's order to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan and Republicans are unhappy with his promise to withdraw troops in 18 months. Congressional lawmakers are holding two days of high-profile hearings on the war, beginning today.