Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cato Institute
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said repeatedly over recent weeks that operating the Defense Department under 2010 funding levels represented a "crisis on my doorstep." Several Defense spending critics said the assessment was overblown.
Research from the Cato Institute says that the new Republicans in Congress are not challenging defense spending.
The Cato Institute states Fed employee compensation should be scrutinized.
The issues surrounding pay and benefits for federal employees continues to be a controversial one. The Cato Institute weighs in today, saying comparing salaries between the public and private sectors needs to be done by an independent and impartial organization -- and the way the federal pay gap is calculated should be updated.