Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Catherine Emerson
Union and CBP officials call for reform of outdated OT pay system, saying the purpose of Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime was misinterpreted.
Tags: workforce , management , Jeh Johnson , DHS , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , John Tester , Carolyn Lerner , OSC , National Border Patrol Council , Brandon Judd , Ronald Vitiello , CBP , administratively uncontrollable overtime , pay and benefits , Lauren Larson
Catherine Emerson, the agency's chief human capital officer, said the annual turnover rate is only 1.35 percent for its 240,000 employees. She said new programs, called Cornerstone and Capstone, are trying to ensure employees have the leadership training necessary for the future. The Coast Guard also is increasing employee engagement as it prepares to move into its new headquarters at St. Elizabeth's in Washington.
Tags: DHS , CHCO , workforce , recruitment , cybersecurity , diversity , morale , Manson Brown , Coast Guard , management , leadership training , succession planning , Jason Miller , Francis Rose , Agency of the Month
Strong leadership is key to boosting employee morale at the Homeland Security Department, according to testimony today before aHouse Homeland Security subcommittee.