Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Casey Coleman
The thunderstorm in June knocked out GSA's connection, threatening some of the agency's core operations. GSA's chief information officer Casey Coleman said agencies should consider enlisting secondary Internet access providers to ensure connectivity during emergencies.
Ted Davis, president of Unisys Federal Systems, will talk about how his company can help your transition to the cloud.
July 3, 2012
Tags: technology , cloud computing , IT security , Unisys , Ted Davies , Unisys Security Index , federal applications , ACT-IAC , GSA , Richard Spires , Steve VanRoekel , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Telework Exchange released a report last week saying that feds who participated in the 2012 Telework Week saved more than $5.6 million. The report not only showed a greater adoption of teleworking, but that feds were leading the way.
Panelists at Wednesday's Telework Town Hall Meeting said the technology is there to make the federal workforce more mobile.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Agencies have to meet a series of milestones starting in June to eventually migrate two commodity IT functions to shared services or strategic sourcing contracts. VA, GSA, Interior and Patent and Trademark Office have tested the concept of managing by portfolios as well as vendor management organizations.
Tags: technology , management , OMB , Steven VanRoekel , Roger Baker , VA , GSA , David Kappos , Patent and Trademark Office , David Hayes , Interior , PortfolioStat , TechStat , vendor management organizations , IT efficiencies , jason miller
The agency moved 25,000 employees to Google apps for email and collaboration in the cloud. CIO Joe Klimavicz said GSA's experience was crucial in making their transition go on time and on budget.
The General Services Administration will announce a new policy that expands its telework and mobility options for employees.
CIOs and other federal IT experts say cloud computing security isn't much different than other protecting other technology systems. The chief technology officer for the CIA, Gus Hunt, said the cloud's elasticity makes it harder for hackers to attack.
Listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired December 12th @ 3:05pm