Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Carl Levin
The government's promise of lifetime health care for the military's men and women is suddenly a little less sacrosanct as Congress looks to slash trillion-dollar-plus deficits.
Sen. Carl Levin will introduce a bill requiring defense contracts to be reexamined if its cost increase more than 25 percent over its initial estimate.
Tags: contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , John McCain , Janet Napolitano , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , White House Summit , acquisition workforce
The House Armed Services Committee today formed a panel to figure out how best to reform the Defense Department's acquisition programs and processes.
Tags: contracting , Ike Skelton , Jim McHugh , Jim Andrews , Mike Conaway , Clair McCaskill , John McCain , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DoD , Acquisition reform
A group of influential lawmakers send the President a letter emphasizing the need to strengthen national cybersecurity, emphasizing their concerns and recommendations.
Tags: technology , Joesph Lieberman , Harry Reid , Jay Rockefeller , Dianne Feinstein , Patrick Leahy , John Kerry , Anna Eshoo , Howard Schmidt , Barack Obama , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , cybersecurity , cyberspace coordinator , Meg Beasley
The Pentagon's decision to close Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va., remains its biggest hot spot in its effort to save $100 billion over the next three years.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Joseph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Some Senate Armed Services Committee members are unhappy with the Pentagon's lack of transparency and inclusion in the decision to close the base. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the Pentagon held almost 30 meetings before concluding that JFCOM needed to be closed. Lynn also offers insight into future of DoD CIO and BTA.
Tags: management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Joesph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Britain's Defense Minister, Liam Fox, has written a letter to Sen. Carl Levin expressing support for the Joint Strike Fighter program.
Sometime in the next few weeks, the Senate is expected to take up a bill designed to strengthen the nation's cybersecurity infrastructure. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved the legislation Thursday by voice vote.
Tags: Congress , technology , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Tom Carper , John Pistole , TSA , Federal Managers Association , Tom Coburn , Howard Schmidt , Barack Obama , Max Cacas
Military pay raise for 2011 will stay at 1.4% in Senate version of Defense Authorization Bill.
House panel to take shot at fixing long-standing problems.
Tags: contracting , Robert Andrews , John McCain , Claire McCaskill , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Acquisition system , Weapons system , Services acquisition