Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Carl Levin
Officials said energy research is necessary to save money over the long term and to keep soldiers safe. U.S. fuel convoys, for example, have been targets for attack in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Sequestration would kill hundreds of thousands of defense industry jobs, the Pentagon warns. Frank Kendall told senators during his nomination hearing to be the DoD acquisition chief that personnel accounts would be shielded so lower-tiered contractors would feel the brunt of cuts.
The leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee suggested on Monday that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta rushed a decision to develop the Marine Corps version of the next-generation strike fighter jet despite new technical problems with the troubled program.
"Priorities for the 21st Century" plan calls for B-52 bomber, U-2 spy plane, and a "triad" of nuclear weapons that can be launched from land, sea, and air.
The Justice Department and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement led a government-wide effort to stem the flow of counterfeit products. The White House launched a public-service campaign to let citizens know the impact of fake products on the economy. The Senate passed more stringent rules for DoD and its vendors to make sure military parts are original.
Tags: oversight , DHS , DoD , ICE , John Morton , White House , Victoria Espinel , Counterfeit products , National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center , John McCain , Defense Authorization Bill , Jason Miller
The Senate Thursday approved a resolution marking the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Federal Executive Boards. The resolution, which was sponsored by Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii), commemorates the anniversary and notes the work played by the national communication network of the federal government.
Two senior senators will introduce an amendment to the DoD authorization bill to increase the oversight over the IT supply chain. A preliminary report from GAO finds counterfeit technology parts easily making their way into weapons systems.
Tags: contracting , technology , John McCain , industry , DoD , Missile Defense Agency , Senate Armed Service Committee , Raytheon , Vivek Kamath , SMT Corp , Semiconductor Industry Association , Tom Sharpe , GAO , Richard Hillman , counterfeit parts , supply chain , Jason Miller , Brian Toohey
he leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee say counterfeit electronic parts, mostly from China, are flooding the supply chain for the Pentagon.
The government's promise of lifetime health care for the military's men and women is suddenly a little less sacrosanct as Congress looks to slash trillion-dollar-plus deficits.