Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CTO
Postmaster General John Potter says if lawmakers don't take action, the U.S. Postal Service will face a shortfall of $238-billion dollars in the next 10 years. Former CIO and CTO of the USPS tells Federal News Radio, technology can help.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Aneesh Chopra , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Gerry Connolly , Sen. Tom Carper , Sen. Jay Rockefeller , OMB , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
In asking employees for their best ideas, the VA has come up with a few of its own. An internal competition for innovation is seen as a benchmark process ready to spread far beyond the agency's firewalls and across the federal landscape.
Federal CTO Chopra points to HHS, DoD as examples of how departments are embracing the new concept. He says open government directive in final stages.
Public and private sector chief financial officers should develop a budget that calculates the gross financial risk a security breach could pose to their organization. That's according to a new report from the American National Standards Institute and the Internet Security Alliance. We get details from Larry Clinton, President and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance.