Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CTO
Postmaster General John Potter says if lawmakers don't take action, the U.S. Postal Service will face a shortfall of $238-billion dollars in the next 10 years. Former CIO and CTO of the USPS tells Federal News Radio, technology can help.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Aneesh Chopra , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Gerry Connolly , Sen. Tom Carper , Sen. Jay Rockefeller , OMB , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
In asking employees for their best ideas, the VA has come up with a few of its own. An internal competition for innovation is seen as a benchmark process ready to spread far beyond the agency's firewalls and across the federal landscape.
Federal CTO Chopra points to HHS, DoD as examples of how departments are embracing the new concept. He says open government directive in final stages.
Public and private sector chief financial officers should develop a budget that calculates the gross financial risk a security breach could pose to their organization. That's according to a new report from the American National Standards Institute and the Internet Security Alliance. We get details from Larry Clinton, President and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance.