Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CTO
Postmaster General John Potter says if lawmakers don't take action, the U.S. Postal Service will face a shortfall of $238-billion dollars in the next 10 years. Former CIO and CTO of the USPS tells Federal News Radio, technology can help.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Aneesh Chopra , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Gerry Connolly , Sen. Tom Carper , Sen. Jay Rockefeller , OMB , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
In asking employees for their best ideas, the VA has come up with a few of its own. An internal competition for innovation is seen as a benchmark process ready to spread far beyond the agency's firewalls and across the federal landscape.
Federal CTO Chopra points to HHS, DoD as examples of how departments are embracing the new concept. He says open government directive in final stages.
Public and private sector chief financial officers should develop a budget that calculates the gross financial risk a security breach could pose to their organization. That's according to a new report from the American National Standards Institute and the Internet Security Alliance. We get details from Larry Clinton, President and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance.