Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CSRS
As proposed by the President, people who pay into Social Security would have their payroll tax cut by 2 percentage points next year. Those who don't pay into Social Security, like nearly 600,000 federal employees, would see no change. NARFE's Dan Adcock explains why there's grousing on both sides.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is calling on retired diplomats to come back to work. Clinton says they're needed to help stabilize and rebuild conflict-torn countries. John Palguta from the Partnership for Public Service explains the rules of return to the diplomatic road.
Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey discussed the advantages of opening a Voluntary Contribute account.
Three different pieces of legislation affecting your pay and benefits have passed in the House of Representatives.
Multiple proposals being discussed by Congress and the White House would affect feds' pay and benefits. Host Mike Causey is joined by Steve Losey and Steve Watkins of the Federal Times to discuss what might be coming down the road.
May 25, 2011
We answer listener questions and emails this week.
May 10, 2010
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has something to take your mind off the possibility of an extended pay freeze. Forget about that and concentrate on the highly-likely prospect of a 5 to 6 percent permanent pay cut.
If you are feeling paranoid, that is you are convinced that people in high places are out to get you, you can relax. You are not crazy. That's the good part. The bad part, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, is you are right to worry because your pay, pension and health insurance package are all on the chopping block. You need a scorecard to keep track, and we've got it.
NITP presenters Bob Braunstein and James Marshall will answer your questions about Social Security, the TSP, and other federal benefits programs.
May 23, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , federal benefits , TSP , FERS , FERCCA , Social Security , LTC , Medicare , Medicare Part B , NITP , Bob Braunstein , James Marshall , Bob Leins , For Your Benefit , insurance , retirement
Host Debra Roth is joined by Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, NARFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock, and World at Work's Lenny Sanicola to talk about pending legislation in Congress that would change retirement benefits for federal workers.
May 20, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay , federal retirement , TSP , Congress , Tim Geithner , debt ceiling , deficit reduction , deficit reduction commission , fiscal commission , Civil Service retirement and disability trust fund , FERS , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn , Dan Adcock , NARFE , Lenny Sanicola , World at Work , Fed Talk