Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CSRS
Many federal employees who leave the workforce with unused sick leave lose it, or some workers come down with the FERS flu, taking months of leave just before they retire, but two Virginia congressmen are looking to change that.
Losing the "use-it or lose-it" sick leave mindset.
Although most federal and postal unions supported President Barack Obama in the 2008 election, they are now asking Congress to protect them from a White House proposal to permanently trim take home pay, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
More federal agencies are offering their employees money to quit. Federal News Radio spoke with certified financial planner Arthur Stein about the factors you should consider when thinking about a buyout.
Congress, unions, new Postmaster General all agree current payment structure for retirees is killing chances of USPS survival.
As proposed by the President, people who pay into Social Security would have their payroll tax cut by 2 percentage points next year. Those who don't pay into Social Security, like nearly 600,000 federal employees, would see no change. NARFE's Dan Adcock explains why there's grousing on both sides.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is calling on retired diplomats to come back to work. Clinton says they're needed to help stabilize and rebuild conflict-torn countries. John Palguta from the Partnership for Public Service explains the rules of return to the diplomatic road.
Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey discussed the advantages of opening a Voluntary Contribute account.
Three different pieces of legislation affecting your pay and benefits have passed in the House of Representatives.