Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CSRS
The current language of H.R. 3813 increases the CSRS and FERS employees' contribution to their retirements by 1.5 percent over three years. For individuals not subject to mandatory retirement who choose to retire on or after Jan. 1, 2013, the FERS minimum supplement is eliminated. Currently, the FERS minimum supplement is paid to those qualifying employees who retire prior to age 62.
In the latest attempt to cut federal retirement benefits, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has reported out legislation that would make feds contribute more of their salaries to their pensions and end the FERS annuity supplement for people who retire before age 62.
Tags: Emily Kopp , John Sepulveda , Veterans Affairs , Darrell Issa , Gerry Connolly , Dennis Ross , pay and benefits , NTEU , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , workforce , FERS , House
Lawmakers should keep their hands off federal employees' retirement plans, National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association Director of Retirement Benefit Services David Snell said at a hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Labor Policy. The subcommittee is considering a slew of bills aimed at reducing federal pensions for both lawmakers and rank-and-file workers.
Tags: NARFE , David Snell , payroll tax cut , Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , FERS , Social Security , OPM , Emily Kopp , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Robert Dold , Tim Griffin , Mike Coffman
Many times in life we are faced with options — sometimes a variety — and none of them are good. That's definitely true for current and retired federal government workers, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
There is a new "Jaws 4" movie taking shape and federal and postal workers may play prominent roles as the primary bait. Check it out, if you dare, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Julie Tagen, legislative director for the National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, told Federal News Radio that certain provisions in the bill would affect federal employees.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is the first to weigh in for the Daily Debrief's 'Stories of the Decade' series. He talks about some of the phenomenal changes the TSP has seen since 2000 -- and what's around the corner as 2010 approaches.
Millions of retired federal and military people are in line to get a one-time $250 payment or tax credit for this year. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains how it is supposed to work and who should be excited by the news.
House committee passes bill changing TSP, updating FERS