Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CPSC
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , NHTSA , FDA , Jared Serbu
Alex Filip, deputy director of the commission's communications office, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new tools the CPSC has developed and how they can be used to bolster communication with industry.
Beginning today, consumers are encouraged to visit www.SaferProducts.gov to submit Reports of harm or risks of harm, and to search for safety information on products they own or may be considering buying. Inez Tenenbaum, CPSC chair, explains.
With the new database available in March, consumers can easily go online to SaferProducts.gov and report a complaint about an unsafe product or conduct a background check on a product's safety by examining reports of consumers' complaints. We get details from CPSC's Scott Wolfson.
Montgomery County Police say the 18-month old was found by police around 11 a.m. Friday in an apartment in the 900 block of Northampton Drive in Silver Spring.
Agencies launch redesigned governmentwide portal with Microsoft's Bing search engine. As a part of the launch, OMB and GSA make 18 mobile applications available from agencies across the government. Federal CIO Kundra says the government must improve how citizens access information and interact with agencies.
Get a preview of tomorrow's Ask the CIO show.
Tags: Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Bob Bennett , Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Inez Tenenbaum , Consumer Product Safety Commission , lead testing