Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CPSC
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , NHTSA , FDA , Jared Serbu
Alex Filip, deputy director of the commission's communications office, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new tools the CPSC has developed and how they can be used to bolster communication with industry.
Beginning today, consumers are encouraged to visit www.SaferProducts.gov to submit Reports of harm or risks of harm, and to search for safety information on products they own or may be considering buying. Inez Tenenbaum, CPSC chair, explains.
With the new database available in March, consumers can easily go online to SaferProducts.gov and report a complaint about an unsafe product or conduct a background check on a product's safety by examining reports of consumers' complaints. We get details from CPSC's Scott Wolfson.
Montgomery County Police say the 18-month old was found by police around 11 a.m. Friday in an apartment in the 900 block of Northampton Drive in Silver Spring.
Agencies launch redesigned governmentwide portal with Microsoft's Bing search engine. As a part of the launch, OMB and GSA make 18 mobile applications available from agencies across the government. Federal CIO Kundra says the government must improve how citizens access information and interact with agencies.
Get a preview of tomorrow's Ask the CIO show.
Tags: Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Bob Bennett , Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Inez Tenenbaum , Consumer Product Safety Commission , lead testing