Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: COLAs
Federal News Radio Federal Drive anchor Tom Temin and Federal Times Senior Writer Andy Medici join host Mike Causey to talk about potential changes to the COLAs for federal, military and Social Security recipients.
August 27, 2014
Co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan talk about the state of the federal workforce and legislation under consideration in Congress that could affect federal employment.
July 7, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , Mike Causey , federal pay , retirement benefits , phased retirement , longevity annuities , rollover , TSP , Bob Leins , Tammy Flanagan , For Your Benefit , Voluntary Contributions
NARFE's Chris Farrell joins host Mike Causey to talk about some of the bills introduced in Congress that affect federal workers.
May 21, 2014
The way things are going, a lot of long-time feds are doing the math to see how much longer they can afford to work. So do you keep fighting rush-hour traffic or give yourself the option to sleep late? Follow the money, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Reps. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.) and Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) introduced a bill Tuesday to cancel sequestration for the Defense Department for two years. The bill would offset this change by using a chained CPI to calculate COLAs for federal retirement programs along with other entitlement reforms.
NARFE's Jessica Klement and Federal Times senior writer Sean Reilly will talk about the government shutdown and its impact.
October 16, 2013
NARFE's David Snell will talk about a health care option for feds without children and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times will give us an update on 2014 budget negotiations and other issues affecting federal employees.
August 21, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , retirement , healthcare , self plus one , NARFE , David Snell , Social Security , government shutdown , budget 2014 , continuing resolution , GAO , USPS , FAA , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn , FEHBP
Defense analyst Jim McAleese reviews the Defense Authorization Bill agreed on by both the Senate and the House yesterday. OPM Director John Berry says proposed rules to implement phased retirement are on the fast track. Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) discusses changes that will make it easier for feds to telework. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) talks about benefits that will help retain federal employees. Vivian Reifberg of McKinsey & Co. talks about why the current administrative transition is so important. Alex Bolton of The Hill discusses the fiscal cliff negotiations.
Tags: Jim McAleese , McAleese and Associates , John Berry , OPM , phased retirement , retirement , John Sarbanes , telework , Telework Enhancement Act , Gerry Connolly , workforce , Vivian Riefberg , McKinsey & Co. , Alex Bolton , The Hill , Congress , fiscal cliff , Federal Drive , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report
Federal benefits specialist Bob Braunstein and host Bob Leins discuss in detail the pay adjustment system for feds and retirees.
October 29, 2012