Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: COBOL
Carolyn Watts Colvin, the nominee to be Social Security Administration commissioner, vowed to Senate lawmakers to soothe turbulent relations between the agency and its labor unions. Colvin also said she plans to tackle troubled IT systems that still run COBOL.
The National Academy of Public Administration says the Social Security Administration is not ready for the challenges of the future. NAPA says shrinking budgets, retiring workers and rapidly changing technology are all issues that need to be addressed in the next 15 years.
Ram Murthy, the RRB chief information officer, is following a four-year IT enterprise roadmap to modernize his agency's back-office systems.
January 30, 2014
Micro Focus' Tod Thompkins, joins host John Gilroy to talk about launching and maintaining complex IT systems, in the age of austerity.
October 25, 2011
Tags: technology , legacy migration , cost savings , application development , testing , debt ceiling , budget , mainframe migration , Tod Tompkins , Micro Focus , cloud computing , information technology , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
COmmon Business-Oriented Language still common in government. Joe Moyer of Micro Focus tells us about it.
An estimated 80% of the world's business ran on COBOL by 1997, but it might be time for your agency to explore some options. ResQSofts' Tom Bragg explains.