Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CMS
Marilyn Tavenner, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator, promised House lawmakers Thursday that the site would be better protected when open enrollment begins in two months. The recent attack on the HealthCare.gov didn't succeed in stealing any data, DHS says. But some lawmakers say a year into the Affordable Care Act, the website still has basic cybersecurity challenges that should have been fixed.
The Government Accountability Office takes a look at the effects of the 2013 sequester and how agencies prepared.
What's next for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in the wake of the HealthCare.gov fiasco?
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
The chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent letters to Verizon Enterprise Inc., Google, Microsoft, Oracle and Expedia asking if they are part of the administration's "tech surge" to fix the Affordable Care Act portal.
Tags: technology , management , HHS , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , HealthCare.gov , Verizon Enterprise Inc. , Google , Microsoft , Oracle , Expedia , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee pressed federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel, federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park, Department of Health and Human Services CIO Frank Baitman and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services deputy CIO Henry Chao to acknowledge the oversight failings, and for someone to declare they were in charge of the program.
Tags: technology , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Steve VanRoekel , Todd Park , OMB , Darrell Issa , Trey Gowdy , Henry Chao , HHS , Frank Baitman , David Powner , GAO , HealthCare.gov , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
The troubled HealthCare.gov website has been the subject of at least one attempted but unsuccessful cyber attack, according to one of the of the Homeland Security Department's top cyber officials. Lawmakers at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing said the consolidation of personal information and the glitch-prone website are cause for concern.
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
Tags: technology , Digital Government Strategy , Gwynne Kostin , GSA , web analytics , USDA , Amanda Nguyen , HealthCare.gov , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Karen Evans , Todd Park , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , Trey Gowdy , Frank Baitman , Henry Chao , cybersecurity , DATA Act , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Congressional Budget Office , DHS , contracting , Mary Davie , Anne Rung , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Tim Love will become the permanent chief operating officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services while Dave Nelson takes over as the permanent CIO.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is compelling federal CTO Todd Park show up Wednesday for a hearing before the Oversight and Government Reform Committee on the IT oversight problems of the HealthCare.gov website.