Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CIO Council
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.
New document outlines best practices, ideas and what to avoid when deploying 2.0 tools at your agency.
Coast Guard wants to set up separate network to use social media sites. CIO Council looking at cybersecurity implications of these tools.
The document focuses recommendations around five areas. Council says current policies should be enough to securely use social media.
After more than 9 years, the Office of Management and Budget is about to revise its original policy banning the use of web cookies, or tracking software, on federal websites. The change is expected to help federal web managers better run their sites, and also offer the same kinds of user experiences now commonplace on commercial and private-sector websites.
Tags: technology , managment , OMB , OIRA , GSA , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , web 2,0 , Persistent cookie , Privacy Act , Beth Noveck , White House Chief Technology Officer , Ari Schwartz , Center for Democracy and Technology
Notice likely to be published in Monday's federal register. White House wants comments on new rules.
CIO Council to use dashboard to analyze macro trends of why agency technology programs are in trouble. Federal CIO Kundra calls for aggressive focus on project management.
Transparency gives additional clout to make technology projects perform. Tool replaces OMB watch lists and makes information more interactive.
Tags: mngt , technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave Wennergren , Tom Coburn , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , OMB , DoD , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Ed Meagher , Dan Mintz , CSC , SRA , IT Dashboard , accountability , FFATA , Transparency
OMB drafting new guidance to let agencies use function to better understand citizen Web behavior. Draft policy includes opt-in option.