Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: CIO Council
Kimberly Nelson, Executive Director of e-government for Microsoft, tells Amtower about the government's use of Web 2.0 technology.
Dec. 14, 2009
Deputy DoD CIO Wennergren dispels rumors of modified responsibilities for next appointee. Technology executives see their responsibilities evolve to meet their agency's mission. OMB will issue memo reaffirming the role of the CIO.
More than 3.3 million agency employees now have secure ID cards. The CIO Council also releases new roadmap and implementation guidance for identity and access management. The guidance is intended to bring several governmentwide efforts together under one initiative.
Ponemon Institute study details why.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Ponemon Institute , Larry Poneman , management , pay and benefits , John Berry , OPM , National Security Council , CHCO Council , Partnership for Public Service , Cyber Workforce
The councils will focus on three main areas to develop competency framework. Agencies have until Jan. 15 to submit data about how they classify cyber positions. Interagency working group also will conduct a survey of cybersecurity workforce in the spring.
Agencies now have until Aug. 30 to hire a telecommunications provider. GSA and the carriers still are concerned that they will not have enough time to complete the transition by mid-2011. Interagency Management Council trying to increase the urgency of the need for agencies to move to Networx.
Tags: contracting , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , GSA , Interior , Interagency Management Council , DISA , AFFIRM , Networx , telecommunications , Connections , Satellite contract
New group surveyed CIOs to find out what questions they had about this technology and received more than 15 pages of comments. The panel created working groups to address many of the questions. Group will send recommendations to an executive steering committee for action.
Peter Tseronis, co-chairman of the council's cloud computing advisory committee, explains what he and others are doing.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.